NetDuke32: General to-do
Stuff I need to fix:
Crouched player sprite sinks into the floor.
Spawning too many sprites (in excess of 10,000) causes an overflow/memory corruption in online play. This one is serious.(Fixed, I think.) The vertical mouselook inexplicably forces itself to center at random, or if the framerate suffers enough.
- The return to center functions, and look up/down keys do not perfectly re-center the view.
Monster kills in CO-OP aren't credited to the one doing the killing, but the nearest player to the monster. Underwater mines are able to get knocked around by explosions. (Need to verify if this is vanilla behaviour first.) The end of level screen in SP has seizure-inducing flickers. Need to clear the screen before drawing. Color codes aren't stripped from the title bar.
- Some useractors, like robot mice can noclip outside of the map. Old behavior from DOS Duke, but a very bad one.
- Duke Talk from certain triggers do not play from the activating player like they should. (World Tour maps are good example)
CON parser complains about "predicting" var being used in local states. There are valid uses for it, so I must suppress this warning. Friendly fire mode doesn't clear completely when switching to free-for-all. Blood sprites fail to spawn especially. Respawns break in co-op if there's only one spawn point.
- The DEF token
loadgrpfails to work from a GRP/PK3.
For whatever reason, netduke32_settings.cfg keeps resetting. Breaking ceiling lights produces no sound, need to see why.
Stuff that needs implementation:
FOV Slider.(Implemented only as console command, for now.) CO-OP Scoreboard & Intermission Screen Show player name in screenpeek mode.
- Soundfont selection in sound menu.
- Quitting matches should return to the main menu/logo sequence, not outright terminate.